Sunday, August 10, 2008

re.move

As in....move....again!

Hey all!
I can see that you all have been busy voting in the contest, and that's great! I will keep the voting open until Wednesday, and then I'll announce the winners.
Until then, (and after also!) I'm going to be buried in moving boxes, packing tape and the like: we are scheduled to move back into our house on Saturday! We are very excited to be going *home*. Apartment living has been a great adventure that none of us will ever forget, and the kids made great strides in their swimming skills, but I'm ready to be back in my house.

I'm over all of us being on top of each other all the time and having no place to put anything. (Those of you who know me know that I like for everything to have it's place....I'm hoping the twitching will stop soon after we're back home, lol.)

I'm tired of housing my 'office' on a 4 foot folding table that's shared with another computer and printer in the corner of the living room.

I'm weary of having to get down on my hands and knees to see what's in the back of the fridge here.

I'll happily say goodbye to the 'th-dump, th-dump' sound made by every.single.vehicle as it comes through the entry gate that's just below our bedroom window.

I will sing praises when I no longer have to play garage door roulette to see just how many times I'll have to push the remote button for the door to go all the way down. (Over the course of the entire summer it's gone down on the first push a mere 5 times. The record is 17.)

And these guys.....


need the structure, routine and familiarity of their own home, belongings and surroundings.

I'll be back!
Keep Voting!

No comments: